Sunday, December 14, 2008

Goals for 2009

Borrowing the idea from Kim over at OTCH Rah I decided to post about my dog goals for 2009.

Mackenzie:
Finish her Rally Novice (RN) title with at least one placement.
Start/(Finish?) her Rally Advanced (RA) title
Get a Companion Dog title (CD)
Find/Take a Canine Good Citizen test (CGC)
Pursue a new dog sport (tracking, earthdog, musical freestyle, etc.)

Audrey:
Debut her in July at the Field Spaniel National Specialty in Wisconsin
Get her in the ring as much as possible
Get as many CH points as possible
Start/Finish her Rally Novice title
Get her CGC
Start her Companion Dog title

Me:
Socialize and train Audrey for Conformation AND Obedience/Rally
Train/polish Mackenzie to finish her RN and hopefully earn legs towards her CD
Figure out how to attend as many shows as possible to achieve these goals


Some lofty goals, I know. Lofty in that we live in the Valley and everything takes 10x longer for me than anyone else. The last show we went to was in August, and the next show we're going to is in February. At this rate it could take two years for Mackenzie to get her CD. Either way, we've got the goals in mind. And I do believe that we've got a solid chance at achieving a good number of them. If I lived in a city where shows were close by I would have a much longer list by now. Plus all four of my dogs would be able to pursue all the sports they wanted to. We would be taking classes nearly every night I bet. Obedience/Rally, Disc, Musical Freestyle, Tracking, EarthDog, the list would be endless. Unfortunately, I love the Valley.

So instead of whisking myself off to Austin or San Antonio, I would much rather stay right here and if I'm lucky, I can slowly make an impact on the Valley's dog-owning public.

No comments: